Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Got a mercedes sprinter 413cdi just had four new injectors

hi got a mercedes sprinter 413cdi just had four new injectors put in because of black smoke and its still blowing black smoke out through 1st 2nd and 3rd and when im loaded
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
If the engine was smoking for a while, the exhaust can be full of soot. So it might take few hundred miles on the motorway before the problem clears out.
Another possibilities for smoke are clogged air filter, leaking boost pressure intake or incorrectly working EGR system.
So the intake must be tested for leaks and EGR valve actuation checked. I recommend to have the EGR valve removed and cleaned out as well.
Best regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer