Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have just bought a brand new merc vito 119 bluetec sport

Customer Question

I have just bought a brand new merc vito 119 bluetec sport and there is a weird noise coming from the engine when accelerating : it almost sounds like a dump valve. is this normal? there doesn't seem to be any loss of power when it happens
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I still need an answer please. At £20 I would expect a better service than this. You advertise as having Merc mechanics waiting to give advice which clearly is not the case
Expert:  Stan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delayed reply.
The dump valve noise on this model is definitely not normal and is a valid customer complaint. Possibly the boost system is not tight. Factory is aware of some problems, but for each case- dealer must send a technical request to the manufacturer. Dealer is obligated to check the intake and exhaust systems for leaks before submitting it. There is a chance that the turbocharger itself is causing such noise, but dealer will need expressed factory approval for such repair. In any case, the issue should be solved under warranty on the brand new vehicle.
Sorry not to have more details, but the vehicle is very new even for dealers, so i do not have info on any typical causes of the noise at the moment.
Best Regards,
Stan