Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have Mercedes Vito 2007. When I start the vehicle the

Customer Question

I have Mercedes Vito 2007.
When I start the vehicle the glow plug light comes on for a few seconds only.
When I turn the key further the van won't start (except for this morning when it was warmer).
I have replaced the heater plug relay and put in a new crank sensor (Merc parts).
Unless I use my fault search finder and go through the process - where I end up with
'no faults found' - she will not start.
Do you have any ideas as to what else could be wrong with it?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have waited 36 hours for an answer.
I believe answers are expected within 24 hours. I am still anxiously awaiting a response on my Mercedes Vito question.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,The engine will start well even if all glow plugs are failed. Cold start problems are usually caused by fuel supply issues (clogged fuel filter, failing electric pump in the fuel tank, leaking injectors or failing fuel rail quantity/pressure control valves.First thing to try is to switch on and off ignition with 20 seconds interval to prime the fuel system with electric pump. If then the problem does not occur- electric fuel pump is failing. Further tests require checking of the rail pressure values during cranking and automatic diagnostic tests of high-pressure system components.Let me know how i can help you more with this.Best Regards,Stan