Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My C250 Driver wingmirror LED Bulb has gone after being knocked

Customer Question

My C250 Driver wingmirror LED Bulb has gone after being knocked in a Sainsbury carpark. My local dealer ship has quoted £133 parts and £196 including fitting. Since a replacement bulb or LED strip has a value of only a few pence, I was wondering if there was a more economical option. The Dealer says the whole wingmirror has to be replaced.
Any help/advice would be wonderful.
Thx, Neil
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Neil,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..You dont mention the year of your car - but generally You can replace this part - you can obtain any of the mirror parts from the MB dealer parts or online in various places.. I will give you a link as an example - you will need to search to be sure to get the right one you need,..The link to "an example" is HEREAn aid to how to strip the mirror is HERE- Again - as an example - just to help you with the idea... take a look at this tutorial HERE This one is actually a better one for you. While it is more about the puddle light Ive given you this as a good one for the actual mirror strip.They are all similer - you can do it - or any small type garage can do it at a much reduced price than a dealer.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --Best Rgds, MIKE
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again - Im afraid there seems to have been a system issue and the links I gave you have not worked - I will list them for you in order again below :HERE - This is the first one - re actual dissambly.HERE - This is the strip one to show how its stripped - as an example... they are stripped the same. This is the latter - better one for stripping I referred to you above.Again - once in you will see how to replace the LED ... Check this HERE for that also... this was the link for a supplier of the LEDs...Kind Rgds, MIKE. Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE