Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Why wud my wipers not be working

Why wud my wipers not be working
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuses were checked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had no reply
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait on this question. If the windshield wipers do not work on any speed the problem could be the wiper motor itself. You will need to access the electrical connector to the motor and test for voltage to the wiper motor. If there is voltage to the motor when the switch is turned on you simply have a bad wiper motor. If there is no voltage to the motor you will need to work backwards in the circuit to see if the wiper relays are being activated. Possible faults would be a bad wiper switch or a fault with the steering column module or signal activation module. The circuit is best tested using the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check the actual values from the wiper switch when turned on.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's also an alert on dash saying automatic lights inoperative
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You might have a fault with one of the modules. Can you post the vin number of the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wdd2040222a126727
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Have you tested the wipers while driving? A faulty hood switch will keep the wipers off when stopped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea I have there not working on any of the functions my lights are working but not on automatic switch
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
The front signal acquisition module receives the signal from the wiper switch and the headlight switch. If both problems occurred at the same time there may be a fault with the module. You need the Mercedes tester to check the actual signals being sent to the module in order to pinpoint the problem. If the signals are being sent but there is no activation the front signal acquisition module may need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help I'll see where my nearest Mercedes garage is
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You're quite welcome.
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.