Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have replaced the glow plug module on a mercedes ml due

Customer Question

HI, i have replaced the glow plug module on a mercedes ml due to fault code P0670 but can't clear the fault in the diagnostics tool - it says cleared but the error remains - will this mean i need to replace glow plugs even though no specific glow plug failure codes have come up
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** can also be caused by 1 or more faulty glow plugs. You should either test the resistance of each glow plug or replace the glow plugs as a set. Glow plugs should measure between 0.2 - 1.7 ohms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - I will see if the car starts from cold better in the morning and check codes again.....however it sounds like if not i should just go ahead and replace all the glow plugs......is this a relatively easy job to undertake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi did you see my second question?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait I missed your reply. If you post the vin number of your Mercedes I will upload the workshop instructions for replacing the glow plugs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN no.WDC1641222A493189 - thx loads
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a new question.......can i do this through this chat? I have problems with my rear parking sensors.......we have had the rear bumper off and replaced all of them as the others had experienced water damage. We have checked all of the wiring and the wiring loom is fine, however the parking sensors still don't work on the rear of the car. gave it to merc and they said probably a wiring issue but would have to do a full investigation but decided it was not worth the cost....if i have replaced sensors and the wiring loom is fine - what else could it be?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the wait I was away yesterday. I've attached the instructions for replacing the glow plugs below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thx - i paid for another question with you yesterday too!
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, just getting caught up at work this morning. I'll reply asap.