Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

01/12/2015 03:03 I have a new question.......can i do this

Customer Question

01/12/2015 03:03 I have a new question.......can i do this through this chat? I have problems with my rear parking sensors on my Mercedes ML320 CDI......we have had the rear bumper off and replaced all of them as the others had experienced water damage.
We have checked all of the wiring and the wiring loom is fine, however the parking sensors still don't work on the rear of the car. gave it to merc and they said probably a wiring issue but would have to do a full investigation but decided it was not worth
the cost....if i have replaced sensors and the wiring loom is fine - what else could it be?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll continue to wait for a response
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
It is possibble that faulty bumper wiring or sensors have overloaded and damaged the parktronic control unit. The wiring harness in the body of ML itself is not likely to fail.
I would recommend to have the parktronic control unit removed from your ML and installed on a working vehicle and then the fault codes erased. If the control unit will not work on a different vehicle- that would be a confirmation of faulty unit.
It is more efficient way to approach this, than load testing every wire connected to parktronic control unit.
Best Regards,
Stan