Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Mercedes S W220 - 1998 to 2005Left (passenger) wing mirror

Mercedes S W220 - 1998 to 2005
Left (passenger) wing mirror replacement.
I need the description and part numbers of the components involved ( not just the cover(###) ###-####
Would appreciate any assistance you can give.
Pat XXXXX
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat, my name is***** are numerous part numbers depending on the particular vehicle. Can you post the vin number of the car you are working on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Marty
Not sure what a vin number is. The numbers on the door post of my car are
WDB2200632A028266 and e1*97/27*0099*01
Is one of these the number you require? If not where might I find it
Pat
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat, the WDB number is ***** one I needed. I've attached the parts diagram and the parts list with part numbers below. Let me know if you need anything else. Please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website.Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Marty. You reply is helpful but I am still unclear on Item 10 in your attachments;
Item 10 seems composed of 2 separate parts, both with tha same, very general, description and there is just one reference to item 10 in the diagram. Could you please expand the description / diagram as this is, I think, where my problem lies ( current is available to open and retract the mirror but no current available to activate the indicator). I need to know the part / parts I need to enable the indicator light. I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Pat
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat, item 10 is listed twice because the old number has been replaced by a new part number. The current part number is ***** second number on the list 220 810 03 76. Without performing some electrical troubleshooting there is no way to know if your indicator problem is with the lamp or the wiring or the door control module that turns the lamp on. # ***** should not be the problem with the lamp. The wiring to the lamp comes from the door control module and goes to the lamp. It does not pass through the motor although there may be a connector there.Let me know if you need anything else. Please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website.Marty