Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Hey, Jumped out of the car (04 mercedes e200 kompressor)

Customer Question

Hey,
Jumped out of the car (04 mercedes e200 kompressor) at petrol station. Key in hand and realised that the car was still running!! Couldn't get it to turn off so I drive it home and slipped the clutch to stall it. Took the key with me and when I returned the following day my car battery had being drained.
Have you ever herd of this?
Is it a big big problem?
I assume it is ignition on related?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Such issue indicates ignition switch failure. I suggest to disconnect and re-charge the car's battery first of all- this might re-boot the electronic ignition switch. If this does not help, ignition switch should be checked by authorised MB dealership to confirm it's failure and to install a new one. No other workshops have capability to order new ignition switches. Best regards,Stan