Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

Mercedes C200 diesel Automatic, 90,000 miles Driving along

Customer Question

Mercedes C200 diesel Automatic, 90,000 miles
Driving along not particularly fast the car just cuts out. The dash goes blank but the lights, hazard Warning and indicators still work. Glide, in gear, into the side if the road. Turn everything off, restart the engine and the car goes.
The car has been looked at by my mechanic (Mercedes, not Dealer). He can find nothing, with perhaps a heating problem which he thinks unlikely. Has cut out several times since.
Very anxious about driving it! Does not think its the Mass Air Sensor.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Cutting out without any fault codes can be caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor. Usually this happens when the engine gets heat-soaked after driving for a while.best regards,Stan