Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have c200 cdi 2005 it had a turbo replaced 17.02.2015

hi i have c200 cdi 2005 it had a turbo replaced 17.02.2015 now the turbo light is on and the car has very little power
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd first check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost. If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issuesAlso have a feel around with your bare hands with the engine running to see if you can feel any escaping gas under your touch. Another method is to use a soap and water solution sprayed onto any suspect areas - if there's a leak it'll bubble up with the engine running Also check that the vacuum hose running to the dump / turbo bypass valve is intact with no leaks as if the dump valve is opening prematurely you'll be losing all your boost If this is OK then remove the high pressure intake hose after the turbo and have a feel of the turbine wheel - there should be no play radially at all - but a little bit of axial / end to end float is normal one other possibility is that the wastegate actuator spring has gone soft so allowing the wastegate to open prematurely - if your actuator has a threaded end you can increase the preload on it to see if this improves things otherwise these units are quite cheap compared to a new turbo so it may be worth trying a replacement
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.