Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a sl 500 edition 1 2012 great car but it wont accept

Hi, I have a sl 500 edition 1 2012 great car but it wont accept the ipod, takes everything else but when I go to media interface it just says " no device connected" yet it takes a phone, usb and cd's. I have renewed the lead for the ipod but no difference. Can you think of anything?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Ipod interface might need to be retrofitted. I can look the instructions up if you let me know the VIN of your SL. Best Regards,Stan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stan, sorry for the delay I've been full of Turkey,hope you had a good one. Vin WDD2314731FOO5360 hope this helps.
Regards Pete
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,You need the Ipod connecting cable A0028272104 to the media interface connector. It should work once connected via this cable. Regards,Stan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stan,
Happy New Year hope you had a good one, have ordered the new cable and it will be here next week so hope that will be the end of the problem, will let you know as soon as it's fitted.
Regards Pete
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
All the best in this New Year to you as well Pete.No problems, will be glad to hear a confirmation from you that cable is working, and a positive rating to wrap the question up whenever it is more convenient for you. Regards,Stan