Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have replaced the calipers on my 2001 ml and cannot get

Customer Question

hi I have replaced the calipers on my 2001 ml and cannot get a solid pedal,i have since changed the master cylinder thinking this was the fault but still the same have bled and bled the brakes using pressure system and also a vacuum system but the pedal still goes to the floor, I have also run abs pump while bleeding, there is no air coming out of the system and I have bled through over 5 litres of new fluid, if I pump the pedal quickly several times I get some brake which then fades slowly away under foot.
any ideas where the fault is
Tony
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello can I ask if you've also replaced the brake pads?as if these are new pads on old rotors then this too will give you a soft pedal as all the high points on the disc are preventing full contact with the pad so introducing a lot a flexibility into the system once the pads are bedded in the pedal will greatly improve
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you