Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a problem with my merc ml270 auto when I release

hi I have a problem with my merc ml270 auto when I release the park break the engine runs high but when I put it in drive it goes but will not change up the gears and the most ican get is 45mph at 4500 revs any ideas please ,thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** the transmission will not shift gears it indicates that the transmission computer has put the transmission into limp home mode due to a fault in the transmission control system. The most common causes for limp home mode are faulty speed sensors in the transmission or a faulty gearshift selector module. You will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes tester to read out the fault codes in the transmission control module. The fault codes will point to the specific problem. Let me know if you have any questions.Marty