Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My phone just went haywire, I have asked the question but

Customer Question

Hi,my phone just went haywire, I have asked the question but ill repeat. The engine cooling fan runs on my 2001 Mercedes CLK220 even when the ignition is switched off and key removed. I've now disconnected ted the fan but I can still hear a relay clicking. We've had a lot of rain recently. Please help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
A few things can make this happen .
One is the Coolant temp sensor ,if this give a bad reading and makes the ECM think the engine is very hot the fans will stay on until it reads a cooler temp.
Most common is the Fan relay malfunction replace with a known good relay and recheck.
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.