Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

WHY IS MY MERCEDES C180 KOMPRESSOR GASPING WHEN i

Customer Question

WHY IS MY MERCEDES C180 KOMPRESSOR GASPING FOR FUEL WHEN i INCREASE SPEED PASSING OUT OR GOIN UP A HILL,IT HAS BEEN SERVICED RECENTLY
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it is difficult to pinpoint this type of problem without performing some tests. It sounds like you may have an intermittent fault with the fuel pump or possibly a restricted fuel filter. Another possibility is a faulty mass air flow sensor. The sensor meters the incoming air and tells the computer how much fuel is needed accordingly. If the sensor malfunctions there may not be enough fuel available when accelerating. I'd suggest a diagnostic test with the Mercedes tester to check for fault codes stored in the engine management system computer. There may be fault codes or events stored in the computer that will help to diagnose the problem. A fuel pressure test should also be performed.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty