Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Looking at buying a mercedes a140 automatic, the seller says

Customer Question

looking at buying a mercedes a140 automatic, the seller says it drives but has a fault on the gear box, any ideas please.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if this is a 1st generation A class (1997 - 2004 the W168) then I'd steer well clear as these cars were very poor and have a myriad of faults the auto transmission fault on these often requires a new transmission as no parts are available to repair
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you