Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an ML 430 Petrol with 75407 mileage and this morning

I have an ML 430 Petrol with 75407 mileage and this morning when leaving home it would not accelerate over 30 MPH and was juddering have taken it back home and it is now parked outside the house Car Reg no R15KXL
can you help with a suggestion ?
Robin Davison
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Robin I'm assuming that you have no check engine lights on ?this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank. If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure. if you do have check engine or other fualt light on then its far quicker to have the fault code read off as this will point to the fault and save a lot of time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I think it is probably low oil in the gear box ?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello thats a good idea to check that too its one of the single point fill and drain types so you remove the centre bolt and add more fluid until it runs out here's a how to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBlBYfJKLPg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help this has enabled me to correct the fault Robin
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
glad to help Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you