Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have bought a 61 plate LWB Sprinter 313 CDI Great

Customer Question

I have bought a 61 plate LWB Sprinter 313 CDI
Great van but when you reach 50 MPH it starts to Vibrate/Shudder
The dealer has taking it back to try and solve the problem?
But cannot find anything wrong.
He has changed all four wheels and tyres and the prop but its still the same???
Please Help
Paul
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This vibration / Shudder comes when acceleration from around 50mphThe dealer is baffledits almost like a vibration through the whole van and almost a lack of power.There are no rattles of any sort or noise just a vibrationDealer has had two mechanics on it for three days and they are now thinking maybe internal Cylinder???This van was a Northgate van full service with 76000 miles
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need help with this question
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the van is shaking with a misfire and down on power I'd 1st suggest doing a compression test across all cylinders and check all cylinders are within 10-15 psi of each other if this is OK then I'd say 1 or more injectors are clogged and not flowing properly and its best to have them all removed and flow tested / cleaned by an injection specialist
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you