Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

The front windows suddenly stopped working on my 2002

Customer Question

The front windows suddenly stopped working on my 2002 ML 400 CDI. They won't open or move at all. There's no sound as if they are trying to work, just nothing happens. Rear windows working fine. Any advice much appreciated!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I close the question will my money be refunded?
Yes if you decide to close your questoin I can reverse your charges.
Please let me know how you would like to continue.
Thank you, Shantal
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** for the delay on this question. If the front windows are not working but the rear windows work you should check fuse 24 and 25 in the interior front footwell fuse box. If both fuses are good the problem is most likely going to be a bad front window switch assembly. It is unlikely that both front window motors failed at the same time and if you are not hearing anything in the front doors when you operate the switches the problem will either be a bad fuse or a faulty window switch.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty