Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

05 E200 Kompressor my boot will not unlock with the remote

Customer Question

05 E200 Kompressor my boot will not unlock with the remote key, or with the door switch.Also neither of the two number plate lights are working nor the third brake light.all of these problems have appeared simultaneously.does this suggest a fuse blown?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need an answer to my problem please.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** apologize for the delay on this question. The problem you are having is usually caused by a broken wire in the wire harness for the trunk lid. You will need to have the wiring inspected where the wire harness travels around the trunk hinge. The wires will usually break inside the insulation where they flex from opening and closing the trunk lid. It is not always obvious because the wire breaks inside the insulation of the wire. You will need to pull on each wire to find the break. There is no fuse for this circuit.Let me know if you have any questions. Kindly rate my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.Marty