Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

1993 MERC t1 410d how can I get more power out of the engi

Customer Question

1993 MERC t1 410d how can I get more power out of the engine
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd suggest getting in touch with this firm: http://www.tunit.co.uk/ their hardware is pretty adaptable so even if your engine is a non turbo charged version ( which I believe it is) they can boost the injection pressure and volume to increase power also its well worth replacing the exhaust with a lower back pressure higher flow item, with increased pipe diameter and straight through silencers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So how do we boost the injector pressure with the pump still fitted to the engine
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello If there's any kind of pressure regulation control via the ECU ~( which there should be on this engine) then a re-programme of the ECU can increase the injection pressure if this is the earlier engine where its all mechanical then yes you're correct the pump would have to be rebuilt to increase the injection pressures and this firm can offer this servicehttp://www.dieselbob.co.uk/
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you