Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My vito has just boiled the battery any idea

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello 1st thing to check is the condition of the battery earth connections , both ends need to be clean, tight and corrosion freefollow the wire down to the engine block and ensure its also in good condition I'd also measure the resistance of both the earth wire and the positive wires as both should be about 1-2 ohms, any more than this and they will need replacing with new if this is all OK it spossible that the alternator regulator is faulty and has been overcharging the battery ?any auto electrician can check this out for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cleaned all the battery terminals and earth now engine starts fine but all the lights and dash board keeps failing intermissantly then the battery boiled again do I need to check all the earths
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the battery has been badly overheated it will need to be replaced so I'd say that this is the next step
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you