Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Mercedes c320 . Not revving and changing up thru the gears

Customer Question

Mercedes c320 . Not revving and changing up thru the gears , 7 speed auto , only happened once , but i want ti avoid any probkems , thanks Austen .
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Austen, my name is***** this problem you will need to get the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check for fault codes stored in the transmission control module. More than likely there will be fault codes stored indicating a fault with the transmission speed sensors. A faulty speed sensor will require the replacement of the electro-hydraulic control module in the transmission. Estimated cost of this repair is approximately $1200 US. There are other possibilities for the symptom that you described but faulty transmission speed sensors are the most common problem. The fault codes stored in the engine and the transmission control modules will help to pinpoint the problem.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty