Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 2006 Mercedes SLK. On two separate occasions I have

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Mercedes SLK. On two separate occasions I have had this problem: I insert the key, all the lights come on as normal. Then when I turn the key everything goes dead. No lights and even the doors will not unlock. Everything is dead. If I jumpstart it everything returns to normal.
Is this a battery problem (but how can it drain instantly and completely) or something else?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** definitely sounds like a battery problem. I would start by removing the cables and cleaning the battery terminals. Next I would have the battery charged and tested and replaced as needed. The symptoms you describe are typical of a bad cell in the battery or poor cable connections.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty