Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a MB 220 CDI 2005. After canging the rain sensor and

I have a MB 220 CDI 2005. After canging the rain sensor and the connection/control box connected the rain sensor still does not work.
Do you have any suggestions what my next move would be (?)
regards Eivind
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Eivind,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid the fee for an answer on my question, and that is what I am waiting for
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eivind, sorry for the wait on this question. At this point you will need to get the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to check for fault codes stored for the rain sensor circuit and to make sure that the wiper system is properly coded for the rain sensor. There may be a fault with the coding or there may be faults stored for the overhead control panel or for the wiring or communication to the sensor. There is not much else you can do without the tester as the signals from the sensor are all digital signals that cannot be tested with conventional test equipment.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will try to follow your advice, I was hoping that there were tests that I could do myself without contacting the MB dealer. The problem I have is that they have worked on the car for more than 2 days (expensive) without fixing the problem..