Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

1985 300SL Engine M103 .Oilpump leeks ! can that be repaired

1985 300SL Engine M103 .Oilpump leeks ! can that be repaired without lifting the Motor out
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if you have low oil pressure then yes its possible the oil pump is faultythe issue dloing this in the car is being able to remove the sump? this bulletin shows whats involved to replace the pump http://www.w124performance.com/service/w124CD1/Program/Engine/103/18-2100.pdf I'd say it is possible but you will have to lift the engine slightly to be able to withdraw the sump