Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Slk320 year 2000. Replaced number plate bulbs however, low

Customer Question

slk320 year 2000. Replaced number plate bulbs however, low power coming through,same with top brake light and interior boot light. also noticed when you open boot light ignition comes on what could the problem be.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chester, my name is***** fault is typically caused by a bad ground for the lights in the trunk lid. You will need to follow the brown wire in the trunk lid wire harness and check it for breaks. Sometimes the wire breaks inside the insulation and will not appear to be broken from the outside.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chester, I'm just following up with you on this question. Was my answer helpful?