Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Mercedes vito diesel van keeps cutting out whilst driving.To

Customer Question

My Mercedes vito diesel van keeps cutting out whilst driving.To date the following has been replaced both fuel pumps.fuel pump sensor.cam.shaft sensor and another sensor.fuel filter renewed rail checked and injectors checked all to no avail.Its been to a Mercedes main dealer and elsewhere. Could you please please help as I am getting close to insanity Ron
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ron,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello This could be a wiring issue as things tend to expand when hot and its possible a poor or partial electrical connection is being pushed apart on one of the major sensors so check the connection plug and wiring to the following;Airflow meterCrank position sensorCam position sensorO2 sensorThrottle pedal position sensor unplug each in turn and use some switch / contact cleaner spray on the pins to ensure its all grease / dirt free Also worth checking the connections to the fuel pump for the same reason - unplug each in turn and give them a good squirt of switch / contact cleaner - Not WD40 and also unplug and inspect the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump And also unplug the wiring loom connections in the engine bay one at time and inspect for corroded or recessed pins.