Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

UK car manufactured year 2000, model W220 S500 with approx.

UK car manufactured year 2000, model W220 S500 with approx. 62,000 miles on clock and has run smoothly over 7,000 miles since purchase in October 2015. One recent feature has been on locking with key, and after giving standard double or triple blink to indicate locked, the car subsequently then switches on hazard lights - seemingly by design as the interval between locking and hazards is about 45 seconds or 120 seconds. A further press with the locking button on the key stops the hazards for a spell but they go on again...and then sometimes they do not ! I am a moron and know nothing about cars : is this fuses ? I can see nothing in the owners manual about this and on my budget [mainly for petrol] am reluctant to take an elderly lady like this to a MB dealer without some foreknowledge. Any ideas please ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** will not be a fuse problem. The problem is usually caused by a faulty alarm siren. When the siren fails the lights will blink like that in order to alert you to the problem. You will need to get the car to the dealer and have them scan the alarm system for fault codes. More than likely there will be a fault code stored for a faulty alarm siren. Replacing the siren should solve the problem.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I provided you with an answer but you never rated my service. You may not understand how the website works. Even though you have been charged by the website the website does not pay me my portion of the charge until you rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help. Please take a moment to rate my service or reply back to me.Thank you