Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Merc C class 2003.rear tail lights not working,gone on to emergency

Customer Question

Merc C class 2003.rear tail lights not working,gone on to emergency lights,changed bulb but still not working
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** is a fairly common fault on the C class. You will need to replace the tail light circuit boards and inspect the wire connector to the boards. If you continue to have trouble you will need to inspect the wiring to the rear signal acquisition module. If the wiring is ok (and it usually is) you will need to replace the rear signal acquisition module. The circuit board replacement usually solves the issue. Make sure that connector that plugs into the circuit board is not burned or melted.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service as this is the only way that I can receive credit from the website for helping you.