Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Mike, I have a c220 cdi 2003,it is sticking in first gear,i

Hi Mike, I have a c220 cdi 2003,it is sticking in first gear,i have had the ccontact plaate assy and the plug replaced but the same fault prevales ,any sugestions would be appreciated
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill, my name is***** will need the fault codes from the transmission control module. Are you able to get the codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The codes Are p2602and p2600
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill, those codes indicate a voltage supply fault to the transmission solenoids. The common problem there is a bad transmission control unit or a bad wire harness to the transmission or a bad connector to the transmission. They should remove and inspect the transmission control unit for signs of oil intrusion. Oil leaks out of the transmission connector and goes up the wire harness and enters the transmission module and causes problems.Let me know if you need anything else. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.Marty