Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I am about to put an offer in on a 2009 diesel C200 Mercedes

Customer Question

Hi, I am about to put an offer in on a 2009 diesel C200 Mercedes automatic with 57k on the clock. Ive taken it for a test drive and it seems fine. However when I put my foot hard down on the motorway the revs counter went higher momentary before the car sped up. Is this a sign of clutch slippage or turbo lag?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello As its an automatic there's no clutch to slip but it is a sign that the transmission is overdue an oil change and level check as low or dirty fluid can produce this situation
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other questions I can help with?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you