Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

New range 2012 B200 diesel manual shift has developed power

New range 2012 B200 diesel manual shift has developed power loss again after being fixed free of charge by Mercedes just out of warranty. Is this fault generic because it is dangerous when overtaking?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.
hello its not a generic fault but the B series model is pretty rare in the UK so dealers may not be that familar with themis the power loss intermittant, only occuring once the engine is warm? and do you get a check engine light when it occurs?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My B class is registered in France where I live. The fault turned
out to be the clutch which cost me 1000 Euros to fix last week, however there was no pre warning or unusual condition it just happened overnight.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
PS, the cost was a special
Reduction as a valued customer from an verbal norm of 3000 works as told to my wife. Can't help thinking its a generic issue though.
Thanks again for your response which closes my question.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.
thanks for letting me knowBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years