Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a "Mercedes-Benz SLK 250 CDI AMG", (63 plate),

I have a "Mercedes-Benz SLK 250 CDI AMG", (63 plate), registered in January 2014.
In the "Service booklet" supplied with the car it states the following:
SLK-Class
Rear axle oil changed (26) - Once at 3000 km (1850 miles)
Rear axle oil changed (26) - Every 50,000 km (31,000 miles) / 3 years
(26) Only for AMG vehicles with self-locking rear axle differential (Code 471) or AMG Performance Package (Code P30).
My question is does the "rear axe oil change" apply to my vehicle?
Also in the "Service Booklet" it states the following:
AMG vehicles with self-locking rear axle differential
(Your vehicle is equipped with a self-locking differential on the rear axle. To protect the differential on the rear axle, carry out an oil change after a running in phase of 3000 km (1850 miles). This oil change prolongs the life of the differential. Have the oil change carried out at a qualified specialist workshop. Mercedes-Benz recommends that you use a Mercedes-Benz Service Centre.)
Please can you let me know if the above also applies to my vehicle?
Ryan
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
Hello Ryan
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi ShantalYes, I still require you to find an answer to my original questions ASAP?ThanksRyan
Hello Ryan,
Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately I am unable to tell you when you will receive an answer. As we have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the appropriate professional for you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ryan, my name is***** post your vin number and I will look to see if this applies to your vehicle.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi MartyThe VIN number is:WDD1724032F082450ThanksRyan
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.
Hi Ryan, this service does not apply to your vehicle. You do not have code 471 or the P30 package. I've attached your complete data card below. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to pay me for helping you.Marty
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply MartyRegarding my 2 original questions, please can you confirm that neither the "rear axle oil change" and the "differential oil change" both at 1850 miles do not apply to my vehicle?If this is the case, I would like to thank you for putting my mind at rest and look forward to posting positive feedback regarding your assistance in this matter.Ryan
Expert:  Marty replied 9 months ago.
Yes that is correct, your rear axle / differential oil does not need to be changed.
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.