Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I am Harry. got a 2000 ML270 diesel, had it weeks

Customer Question

Hi, I am Harry. got a 2000 ML270 diesel, had it for three weeks Went to start it today and noticed that all the warning lights did not come on. i continued to start the car, it started and ran, then i noticed the gauges were not working either.
Have checked all of the fuses both under the bonnet and beside the accelerator, they were all ok, still no change.
I have noticed that in the pass week the glow plug light comes on again after the engine starts and takes about 2 or 3 minutes to go out after beginning to drive.
Could you help me and give me an idea of what i am able to do next.
Cheers Harry
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harry . On the ML you can with DB diagnostic scan tool check the cluster functions and also check for cluster malfunction codes .So i suggest you get hooked up to a top level Scan tool first and check for malfunction codes .I would think from the most common issue for you problem is a bad cluster ,but a scan will confirm this . Glow plug light coming on is also an indication for the driver that engine malfunction code has been stored in the management system. So first my idea what you should do next is scan for codes .If needed you can get back to me with the malfunction codes for the instrument cluster and engine faults . Kindest regards Greg