Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 350SL (2007) and the door handle has broken. My local

I have a 350SL (2007) and the door handle has broken. My local garage and Mercedes say i need a new door panel. Surely not? I must be able too replace the bro***** *****dle?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the handle that opens the door from the inside is broken that handle can be replaced. The usual problem is not the handle but the spindle that connects the handle to the door cable. Unless there is something else broken on the inner panel there is no reason that the inner handle or the spindle cannot be replaced. I've attached a picture below. Item #80 is the spindle and item #70 is the handle.Let me know if you need further assistance. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.