Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

There my car is mercedes s320 w220 the dash board stoped

Customer Question

hello there my car is mercedes s320 w220 the dash board stoped working completly no lights no gauges working
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am waiting the answer
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Hi Sam, sorry for the wait on this question. I am not clear on what you are asking. What exactly is your question in regards ***** ***** dashboard?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes the dashboard not working at all it looks like everyghing on it freez
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It looks like no power
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Marty i am still waiting your answer
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
Hi Sam, sorry for the wait. We must be in different time zones.On your model it is very common for the instrument cluster to fail. There are 3 fuses for the cluster that need to be checked first. Fuse 20, 21 and 22 in the main fuse box under the hood need to be checked. Each fuse should be removed and inspected. If the fuses are good sometimes simply removing and reinstalling them will reset the instrument cluster and get it working again. If you have no success with the fuses you will need to have the instrument cluster replaced. Some of the instrument clusters were recalled by Mercedes for this problem. You should check with your dealer and see if your instrument cluster falls under the recall.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to pay me for taking your question.Marty
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have checked fuses list and showing fuse 22 for navigation system
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
It may be for both. Can you post your vin number?
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you marty I appreciate your help
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
You're quite welcome
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can i ask another question or i have to pay again
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.
If the question is not related to the instrument cluster problem you are supposed to open a new question.