Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Diesel leaking from under passenger back wheel

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** fuel filler is located on that side of the car. Most of the time the leak is caused by an improperly fitted fuel cap. I'd check the cap first and see if it is sealing properly. If the cap is okay the problem will likely be a ruptured fuel hose at the tank.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel cap is on the drivers side and the leak is on the passenger side just under the back wheel
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Is this a RHD car? Can you post your vin number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mercedes c220 cdi advantgrade reg number y513pdg 2001 chassis wdb2030062f091965
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Okay, you have a fuel level sensor and some fuel lines on that side of the car. The level sensor will tend to only leak with more than 3/4 fuel in the tank. If this is a constant leak I'd suspect a fuel line has ruptured.Let me know if you have any questions.Marty