Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I've a 2003 ML320 with a Mercedes 10 radio/cassette fitted.

Customer Question

I've a 2003 ML320 with a Mercedes 10 radio/cassette fitted. Needed to remove it to get the serial number to obtain the unlock code. Bought a pair of radio removing keys which worked & allowed me to remove the radio. Pushed the radio back in but cannot remove the two keys. Help how do I remove the keys?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** need to remove the keys before you slide the radio back into the opening. Slide the radio out and press in on the spring loaded side of the radio lock where the keys are inserted to take the load off of the key then you can remove the key.Let me know how it goes.Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Click on the attachment below for a picture.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian, I'm just following up with you on the radio keys. Were you able to get them removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it worked. Thank you.
I've another question. At some time before I was given this car as a retirement present from my son a large amount of oil has been spilt in the back & has saturated the fitted carpet. As a temporary measure I've plastic sheeted it but any ideas how to remove oil from the fitted carpet. Need to remove it as that's where my dog sits.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I would use a laundry detergent that releases oil such as Shout. A professional detailer can mix up a solution in his carpet extractor and get most of the oil out. Another option is to remove the interior and remove the carpet section altogether and pressure clean it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll give Shout a try.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You're quite welcome.