Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 2002 non turbo s600 has a rotten radio signal. The guy

My 2002 non turbo s600 has a rotten radio signal. The guy from whom I bought the car has had a Kenwood radio installed to replace the standard Mercedes radio. Do you have any ideas on how the signal can be improved.? I believe the Kenwood radio, which is extremely complicated cost £1000.

I AM STILL AWAITING AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION, PLEASE.

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still need an answer, please.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

radio signal strength is usually all down to the quality of the aerial installation

these cars are prone to issues with the aerial booster and corrosion on the connections

the booster is located behind the trim in the trunk tucked up inisde the 'C' pillar

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Could you describe the "trunk" and the C pillar in simple terms so that even an ageing fool like me can understand!

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

sorry for some reason I thought you were based in the USA

Trunk = boot

and the 'c' pillar is the last body pillar on the car

so A pillar is the one holding the windscreen up ,

B billar is in the middle between the two doors

C pillar holds the rear screen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. are we talking about the nearside C Pillar or the Offside C Pillar? and is what we are looking for bottom, middle or top?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

also check the state of Fuse 60 which is the one for the antenna booster

and the attached image shows the location of the antenna unit inside the boot at the base of the passengerside C pillar

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years