Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 1999 clk320 i was having a probelem losing the

hi i have a 1999 clk320 i was having a probelem losing the first stages of the throtle .. i have replaced the throtle body and the potesiometer . now when you turn the key it starts then it dies instantly . had it on computer no falts show
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, try initializing the throttle body using this procedure. Turn the key on to the second click but do not start the car. Leave the key on for 3 minutes then start the car and see if it will idle.

Let me know if it works.

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi marti yes it started . But very splutery as if its not geting enough petrol keeps cutting on revs and stopping ?