Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

1999 clip sport fault between engine management cuts out one

Customer Question

1999 clip sport fault between engine management cuts out one coil turn of take key replace and start runs on all cylinders
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1999 Clk Mercedes sport
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, sorry for the wait on this question. Possible causes for this problem are a faulty ignition coil, spark plug, plug wires, fuel injector, low engine compression, bad valve or valve spring, wiring harness or ECU. The technician needs to systematically work through all of the possibilities to pinpoint the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty