Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How reliable should a 2010 313 sprinter with 185,000 miles

Customer Question

How reliable should a 2010 313 sprinter with 185,000 miles on it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

there's still plenty of life left in a sprinter thats done 185K as they normally run to 250K with few issues

1 thing to note is a 2010 TSB: Fleece filter within the engine cam cover of Sprinters can become blocked and this causes the engine oil to be expelled through the dipstick hole (even though the dipstick is in place) leaving the engine to seize. This was a TSB not a VOSA recall so if the van has been independently serviced then the TSB will not have got through to the owner and the corrective work will not have been done.

also bear in mind that sprinters are a lot more expensive to service compared to a Ford transit, typically by almost double

and its also worth noting that the mercedes has a pretty complex exhaust system that will have a few components that are coming to the end of their life as they are meant to last 150K

The actual exhaust system has three major components; the OXI-Cat and DPF section and two SCR Cat sections. The OXI-Cat section has an oxygen sensor an exhaust temperature sensor and a backpressure sensor. There is a N0x sensor and a dosing valve between the OXI-Cat section and the first SCR Cat section. In the first SCR Cat section there is another temperature sensor, and the last SCR section has one more N0x sensor. Once the exhausted fumes and particles have passed through this area they are passed through a particulate filter.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you