Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My 230 fuel pump failed and was replaced, but not until the

Customer Question

My 230 fuel pump failed and was replaced, but not until the mobile mechanic had tried for hours to find the fault. He altered many of the settings but all of this work was wasted because it turned out to be the fuel pump. After the pump was fitted the engine would not idle and was running extremely weak. A friend suggested there was an air leak on the inlet side. After a thorough inspection I found the large rubber boot under the air inlet disc was totally rotten and riddled with holes. I fitted a new one but now the engine is running really rich with the revs going up and down. I have no idea how to adjust the mixture settings on this vehicle, can you help.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** mixture is adjusted with a 3mm Allen wrench at the mixture adjustment tower. The tower is located between the air flow sensor plate and the fuel distributor. Turning the mixture slightly in the counterclockwise direction will lean out the mixture. Only make small adjustments at a time until you get it idling smoothly. Click on the attachment below for an in depth description of adjusting the fuel mixture. You can get the mixture pretty close by just turning the screw to achieve best running at idle. Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to click on a rating for my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

http://www.landiss.com/mixture.htm

Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in. Do you need anymore help with this? Was the information helpful?