Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

E240 1999 w210 77.6 Will not change out of 1st gear also,

E240 1999 w210 77.6
Will not change out of 1st gear also, the Torque converter is now a solid connection to the drive chain - so engaging any gear results in a hard thud
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure about the 77.6 !
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** that the electronics plate was correctly installed and the electrical connector for the plate was also replaced you should first inspect the transmission control unit to be sure that transmission fluid did not find it's way up the wiring harness and into the control unit. If the control unit is dry you will need to get the car connected to the Mercedes tester to have the transmission fault codes erased. After replacing the electronics plate the fault codes in the transmission control unit will need to be erased or the transmission will remain in limp home mode. Other possibilities are a faulty transmission, control unit or selector module but if the electronics plate was replaced because there were fault codes for the speed sensors erasing the fault codes should get it working.

Let me know if you have any questions. Don't forget to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.