Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Is there a way of switching off the engine warning light

Customer Question

Is there a way of switching off the engine warning light myself on a 2002 Mercedes C Class estate. It keeps coming on and Mercedes keep saying they don't know what is causing it, so I would just like to be able to switch it off myself.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the only way to turn off the check engine light is with a scan tool. You will need to purchase an inexpensive scan tool at the parts store that can erase fault codes you can erase the code yourself. Make sure that you purchase a tool that can read and erase codes. Many of the real inexpensive tools can only read the codes but they cannot erase them. Keep in mind that the light will keep coming back on until the fault is repaired.

Let me know if you need anything else.