Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

MY 2005 MERCEDES C CLASS C200 CDI AVANTGARDE AUTOMATIV

Customer Question

HI MY 2005 MERCEDES C CLASS C200 CDI AVANTGARDE AUTOMATIV DIESEL KEEPS GOING
INTO INTERMITANT LIMP MODE MY GARAGE THINKS IT IS A FAULTY GEARSHIFT MECHANISM BUT CANNOT ORDER FROM MERCEDES IS THIS CORRECT REF FAULT AND ORDERING PART
MANY THANKS
SEAN
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi Sean, my apologies for the delay. Mercedes has a very strict policy regarding theft relevant parts. Any part that has the vin number coded into the part must be purchased and installed from an authorized dealer. There are exceptions to the rule if a shop files the necessary paperwork with Mercedes to order and install theft relevant parts.

Yes a faulty gearshift mechanism can cause the transmission to default to limp home mode. Another possibility is the electro-hydraulic control unit inside the transmission. If the shop is pulling fault codes relevant to the gearshift mechanism replacing the gearshift should solve this issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty