Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My e 300 hybrid for the past 2 days ( cold weather) has not

Customer Question

my e 300 hybrid for the past 2 days ( cold weather) has not engaged. CAn it be the weather? or are we looking at a battery isssue? otherwise it's driving fine
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 8 months ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

if its just the hybrid part that won't kick in then yes its probably being effected by the cold weather as low battery temperature will prevent it from functioning correctly

I'd suggest to 1st check the main vehicle battery ( 12v) connections and for tightness and cleanliness

if thats OK then the next step (and is best done by a qualified High voltage battery technician with extensive experience with the high voltage hybrid vehicle) is to have the high voltage battery tested,the high voltage fuse checked,the high voltage cooling system checked to make sure it is o.k. and the high voltage power cable as all of these are components that can cause this issue here.

This is extreme voltage and electrocution can occur if not handled and tested properly so a certified technician should be the only one working on this part of the vehicle with the proper high voltage gear being worn and test equipment.

This may be a fault of any of these components listed above and is keeping the vehicle from starting/running until the fault is repaired and all codes are cleared out/erased.

Expert:  Matt replied 8 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you