Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I want buy Mercedes A200 advangard 2.0 petrol RY07 XST from

Customer Question

I want buy Mercedes A200 advangard 2.0 petrol RY07 XST from my friend But the car has problem with transmission light intermittent ,when is come on the car need to restarted , I want have a idea how Much is gonna cost me and how much is the first check before fixed ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi..there..

Depends on the type of garage you take it too.to be diagnosed..ideally you want to find someone who knows or has the desired mercedes star diagnsotics software to enable them to access the transmission ecu module to figure out what fault codes are being stored..only then will you have an idea what kind of problem your dealing with...these cars use CVT type transmission and they arent unknown for causing problems.normally its ecu/conductor plate - i can give you a part number A1693700406 to google so you know what it looks like...cost wise i say you could be looking at £400-£500job at least...but as an when you have the cars transmission ecu scanned have them check the oil fluid condition in the gearbox..if its never been done as far friend knows then it could be worth trying that and a new filter.the transmisson pan has to come off to carry that out..hope this helps